Top Class Online Blackjack
Once limited to members of the French aristocracy, the online blackjack available at our South African online casino can now be enjoyed by South Africans from all walks of life. Beat the dealer and hit 21 with blackjack variations, including:
- 3 Seat Vegas Strip Blackjack: Elite Edition
- 3 Seat Atlantic City Blackjack: Elite Edition
- 3 Seat European Blackjack
- Baltic Blackjack
- Blackjack VIP
- Russian Blackjack, and
- Single Deck Blackjack, to name a few.
The Blackjack table awaits you for entertainment and fun with real money to be won. Play now!
How To Play Blackjack Online
The magic of the internet means that you can now win with Blackjack online in a variety of exciting formats with the simple tap of your finger or click of your mouse. This can be accomplished using your smartphone, tablet, or desktop. You can further indulge in free games in Demo mode or stand the chance to win big with real money bets.
When you play Blackjack online, you will be enjoying a game with an already very low house edge of just 2% which can be brought down still further by the application of Blackjack Basic Strategy, to just 0.5%! The Return to Player rate is a percentage that indicates how much of a player’s bet will be returned to them over the long run. Blackjack online can reach heights of as much as 99.5%. It’s obvious that you’ve got some serious winning potential when it comes to 21.
As to why to, you’ll find that most people love it because it doesn’t rely on pure dumb luck to win. Blackjack Basic Strategy exists, and the proper application of this system will significantly impact your chances of seeing a return.
What To Expect from A Round of Blackjack
Blackjack rules dictate the flow of the game and in which order things happen. If you’re new to the game, here’s a step by step guide on what to expect from a round of blackjack:
- Start by placing your bet. You can bet as much or as little as you want, but keep in mind that the more you bet, the more you can win.
- The dealer will then deal two cards to each player, including themselves. The cards will be face up for all players to see.
- The objective of the game is to have a hand with a value as close to 21 as possible without going over. This is where your blackjack basic strategy comes into play. The value of the cards is as follows: Ace is worth 1 or 11, face cards (King, Queen, Jack) are worth 10, and all other cards are worth their face value. These are the blackjack rules to follow.
- Once all players have their initial two cards, the player has a few options on their turn. They can “stand” and keep their current hand, “hit” and receive another card to try and improve their hand, or “double down” and double their bet in exchange for one more card.
- The dealer will then play their hand according to blackjack rules. They must hit if their hand is worth less than 17, and must stand if it’s worth 17 or more.
- If a player’s hand is worth more than 21, they “bust” and lose their bet. If the dealer busts, all players who didn’t bust win. If neither the player nor the dealer busts, the player with the hand closest to 21 wins.
- Once the round is over, players have the option to keep playing by placing another bet or “cash out” and take their winnings.
Blackjack Basic Strategy, Tips and Tricks
Extend the time you spend enjoying 21 at our casino by applying the basic Blackjack strategy we’ve put together for you:
- Manage Your Bankroll Properly.
Here’s a piece of advice you’ll come across very frequently: set up a betting budget which outlines how much you can comfortably afford to lose over any given period of time. Once you hit this limit, enjoy games in Demo mode only.
- Know When to Split, Hit, and Stand.
One of the most important basic strategy we have to offer: take some time to study Basic Strategy. This chart, freely available online, indicates the best move open to you for every possible card combination. Using it properly will help you decide when the time is right to Split your hand, Stand, or Hit.
- Use Each Hand Effectively.
You’ve got to play the hand you’re dealt, so make sure that you are able to do so properly.
- Explore Blackjack Strategy.
Over the hundreds of years that 21 has been around, many great minds have thought about how to beat the dealer. The result is a slew of different options when it comes to Blackjack strategy and we urge you to explore them all, even if it’s just for fun!
Online Terminology To Learn For 21
Along with having to understand card values and knowing when to Hit and when to Stand, you will have to wrap your head around some basic terms and definitions before you can properly start enjoying our games:
- Bust: If you exceed 21 points in terms of the value of your cards, you Bust.
- Double Down: In certain online game variations, players may have the option to Double Down. This consists of multiplying their initial bets by two and can mean they collect twice the winnings if luck is on their side.
- Hit: Getting another card from the dealer.
- House Edge: Every casino enjoys a house edge in 21 and all other real money games. What sets this game apart is that its house edge is significantly lower than it is for other games, as low as 0.5% if Basic Strategy is applied.
- Soft 17: Another way of describing a hand worth 17 points which includes an Ace where this card can be worth one or 11 points. A Soft hand won’t bust if you Hit.
- Stand: You can choose to Stand at certain points during games, which means that you refuse to take another card.
Are you ready? It’s time to bet and play!
The Mathematics of the Game
The basic principle of blackjack betting is to place a wager on the outcome of a hand, with the goal of winning money. The amount of money that you can win is determined by the payout ratio, which is the ratio of the amount of money that you will win to the amount of money that you have bet.
When you place a bet on a hand of blackjack, the payout ratio will typically be 3:2, which means that for every $2 that you bet, you will win $3 if you win the hand. This can be represented mathematically by the equation:
Payout = (Bet x Payout Ratio) – Bet
In the case of a 3:2 payout ratio, the equation would be:
Payout = (Bet x 3/2) – Bet
This means that if you bet R10, you will win R15 if you win the hand.
Another type of bet you can make in blackjack is insurance. Insurance allows you to place a side bet that the dealer’s hand will be a blackjack. This can be a good option when the dealer’s upcard is an Ace. The payout ratio for insurance is usually 2:1, which means that for every $1 that you bet on insurance, you will win $2 if the dealer has a blackjack. This can be represented mathematically by the equation:
Insurance Payout = (Insurance Bet x 2) – Insurance Bet
For example, if you bet R5 on insurance and the dealer has a blackjack, you will win R10.
It’s important to note that when you place a bet on blackjack, you are playing against the dealer and not against other players. The odds of winning a hand of blackjack are influenced by the strategy you use and the rules of the game. It’s crucial to understand the rules of the game and the strategies that can be used to increase your chances of winning.
In addition, you can also place a side bet on a hand of blackjack, such as a side bet for a pair or for a specific combination of cards. These side bets typically have a higher payout ratio, such as 10:1 or 20:1, but the odds of winning are lower. This can be represented mathematically by the equation:
Side Bet Payout = (Side Bet x Payout Ratio) – Side Bet
Probability Theory Basics
Probability theory is the branch of mathematics that deals with the study of random events and the likelihood of their occurrences. It is used to model and analyze a wide range of phenomena, including gambling games like blackjack. The probability of winning a hand in blackjack depends on the player’s hand, the dealer’s face-up card, and the rules of the game.
For example, if the player has a hand with a value of 12 and the dealer’s face-up card is a 2, the probability of the player winning the hand is higher than if the dealer’s face-up card was a 10. Probability theory can also be used to analyze the long-term outcomes of playing blackjack using different strategies, such as card counting. This can help players make more informed decisions and potentially increase their chances of winning.
Towards Science explains that considering that a round of Blackjack lasts on average 1 minute, the player will lose after 3 hours on average $1.15, betting $1 at a time. The cumulative 5% quantile for loss is $26.5. So, if you arrive at the casino with 26 times your betting amount, you have less than 5% of chances of going broke by the end of your three-hour session.
Online Blackjack FAQ
Can you play online Blackjack real money at ZAR Casino?
Yes, you can play blackjack online for real money at ZAR Casino. Our casino offers a safe and secure platform for South Africans to play and win real money. With our variety of blackjack games, you can experience the thrill of the casino from the comfort of your own home. Join us now and start playing blackjack for real money at ZAR Casino.
Are online blackjack games fair?
Yes, online blackjack games are fair and offer real winnings for South African players. Our blackjack games use a random number generator to ensure fair and random results. Additionally, we are licensed and regulated by trusted authorities to guarantee the fairness of our games. Join us and experience the thrill of winning at our fair and exciting blackjack games.
How does blackjack work?
Blackjack is a card game in which players aim to get a hand with a higher total value than the dealer’s hand but without exceeding 21. Each player is dealt two cards and can choose to hit and receive additional cards, or stand and keep their current hand. The value of the cards is determined by their number, with face cards counting as 10 and an Ace counting as either 1 or 11. The winner is the player who gets the closest to 21 without going over, or if the dealer goes over 21.
Can online blackjack dealers hear you?
No, online blackjack dealers cannot hear you. When you enter the live dealer lounge, you’ll communicate with the dealer via key commands and buttons on the games. This is to protect your privacy and keep your attention on winning the game. The live dealers will respond to the things you type in the chat box, for the perfect interactive experience. South Africans have reported significant success playing blackjack online at our casino.
When to split in blackjack?
When to split in blackjack depends on the cards you have and the dealer’s face-up card. Splitting pairs of aces and eights is usually recommended, as it can increase your chances of winning and maximize your potential earnings. In South Africa, this strategy has proven to be effective, with many players reporting real winnings from splitting their cards wisely in blackjack.